Saturday, October 1, 2011

"Don't Misunderstand Me" "The Goddess Drinks Pinot Noir" and "What The F--k Duck in a Pinot Noir Pop My Cherry Sauce"




Please don’t misunderstand me when I say I love you as being something other than genuine. But you see, the key is to love yourself enough to be able to share the overflow of your heart with others. I don’t fall in love easily nor do I allow the steel walls to buckle. My heart has been laid out on the altar for sacrifice too many times that I have learned to safe guard it with care and summon the inner demons to protect it as needed. As much as we all enjoy the idea of being in love we only see one part of the story. One side of an intricate pattern on a lace tablecloth like the one your grandmother would pull out on special occasions ONLY. The one with the distinct smell of either cedar or mothballs. That tablecloth was guarded just like my heart. Kept safe from ruin and age. 


Please don't misunderstand me as I often find it difficult to express my true feelings as I have learned that someone is always going to take it the wrong way and use it to destroy me, or at least try to. Recently that happened to me, I admitted my feelings to someone. It was not love in any way other than friendship as I knew his situation from the start. It was just telling him that I cared enough about him to let him follow his heart....that's if he had one. I started to carry on with my life and decided to take on something else to another level, but not with him. The outrage and disgust I could see in his eyes when I came home that day. I don't know why he would ever feel that way as he claimed he didn't care. It has been difficult to deal with his unholy terror he unleashed on me subsequently in the past 2 weeks but I am having to re-structure everything and everyone around me. His lies and deceit have hurt my reputation and made my life a living hell......until today. Today is the first day I actually felt human in 10 days. I felt stable and secure as I am making sure the good girl rides away and finishes this blog........  it may take a few more days but I am calm in my decisions today that fact speaks louder than fiction and my life will be much better off as will my heart for even having to go through this kind of pain and emotional torture. I am a better person and will rise out of the ashes like a phoenix. I am the goddess I write as, she is my protector and always keeps me safe from harm. With a sheath draped across her shoulder and the thorny crown that is bestowed atop her head as her love shines down and forgives those that intend to harm me. That goddess is me and lives and breaths inside my heart as my heart is open and accepting to my friends who truly understand my purpose in their lives. My heart understands imperfection and realizes that no one is genuinely without flaw as I am not. 


So please don't misunderstand me when I tell you that I am the person you thought you knew, the person that you gravitated to as you spun around in my orbit and lost sight of the stars above as you watched me fall into a black hole. As I lay dying you breathed life back into my soul and filled my heart with light and hope. You are my true friends the ones that saw this person falling and caught me in yours arms and showed your love and trust for me. This goddess is blessed to have those in her life that through words of light made me realize that this is temporary and will get better and helped me acquire the tools to fix what was broken in my life. Those that made me realize the person I trusted was out to harm me and make me trip and fall even though he would passionately hold me at night. Wife, fiance, girlfriend.....were was I in this mix? I just knew I needed to get out and not be caught under his domain but it was too late. 


So please don't misunderstand me when I say I am sorry. Not just for what he did to me and those I love but for what I allowed him to do to me that caused the spiral downward. I was a sitting duck left saying WTF!


And now the goddess speaks Pinot!


Why do I have such a passion for Pinot Noir. Why does it speak to me in only a language the two of us can understand and engulf my body in it's warm and berrylike essence. I would lay in a claw foot tube full of Pinot Noir and suck it dry with a straw if given a chance (hint to potential beau's). The love and care put into a quality Oregon Pinot makes my heart light and my palate orgasm. The nose itself hits me like the way the room smells after a night of passion and lust, deliciously satisfying. The first taste in my mouth just arouses my passion for this varietal even more and sends a current through my body that fills my mouth with joy and makes me crave more.
I savor every drop of Pinot Noir like it's the last on earth. The first rain after a summer's drought is the refreshing finish to this delicate varietal's appeal. Yes I am a Pinot whore and I am proud. 


It took me a couple of days to perfect the "Pop My Cherry Pinot Sauce" on my "What The F--K Duck" but I hope you enjoy. Duck has always been my favorite members of the poultry family and although I never back down from a kitchen challenge it has sometimes been difficult for me to master. 


Here we go peeps, life goes on and WTF DUCK!!!!


Enjoy and Tasty Tasting Everyone!!!!!!




"What The F--k Duck in a Pinot Noir Pop My Cherry Sauce"


Ingredients


3 tbsp Sugar
3 tbsp water
1/2 cup dried tart cherries
3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tspn salt
1 pinch fresh ground black pepper
24oz Fresh Duck Breast boned, halved and skinned
1/4 cup shallots
1 garlic clove
1 1/2 cup Pinot Noir
1/2 cup chicken broth (organic)
1/4 cup whipping cream (not whipped cream)


Combine sugar and 2 tablespoons water in a small, heavy saucepan over medium-high heat; cook until sugar dissolves, stirring gently as needed to dissolve sugar evenly (about 1 minute). Continue cooking 5 minutes or until golden (do not stir). Remove from heat; carefully stir in cherries and vinegar (caramelized sugar will harden and stick to spoon). Place pan over low heat until caramelized sugar melts


Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle 1/8 teaspoon salt and pepper over duck. Add duck to pan; cook 5 minutes. Turn duck over; cook 4 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. Remove from pan; let stand 5 minutes. Cut duck across the grain into thin slices
Return skillet to medium heat. Add remaining 1 teaspoon oil, shallots, and garlic to pan; cook 1 minute or until tender, stirring frequently. Add wine to pan; increase heat to medium-high. Bring mixture to a boil; cook until reduced to 3/4 cup (about 6 minutes). Add broth; bring to a boil. Cook until reduced to 1/2 cup (about 6 minutes). Pour wine mixture through a fine sieve into cherry mixture; discard solids. Bring cherry mixture to a simmer over medium heat. Stir in cream; simmer 3 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt. Serve sauce over duck.










 

No comments:

Post a Comment