Sunday, April 17, 2011

My First Blog

Hello Fellow Foodies! As I have no followers as of yet I have to ask myself, "who do I want to share my thoughts and recipes with"?. I can only answer myself by saying "anyone who shares the same passion of food and wine that I have". That's it!

I hope by writing this blog we can all learn something new. If you like what I have to say please share my blog with your friends.

So for my first recipe I think I am going to keep it simple with a spring favorite of mine, Roasted Beets and Goat Cheese Salad with mango Poppyseed Dressing

Makes 4 Roasted Beet and Arugula Salads
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour, 10 minutes
Ingredients:
  • 3 large golden beets (about 1 1/2 pounds)
  • 3 tbsp olive oil
  • 4 oz baby arugula leaves, washed (about 2 large handfuls)
  • 1/2 cup chopped toasted carmelized pecans
  • Bottled Mango Poppyseed Dressing dress to suit
  • 2 oz goat cheese
  • salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
Preparation:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

Wash the beets and coat with 1 tbsp of the oil. Wrap in several layers of foil and bake for 1 hour or until tender. Let cool to room temp or refrigerate. This may be done in advance.

With a knife, scrap off the beet skin, and cut in 1-inch cubes. Add to a mixing bowl, and add the rest of the ingredients, except the goat cheese. Toss well to combine, and divide on to 4 plates. Crumble over the cheese, and serve.
Tasty Tastings Everyone!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I did forget to add the garnish which are fresh Nasturtiums from either your garden or a specialty nursery such as Pine island Botanicals.

    ReplyDelete