Monday, August 8, 2011

"Forbidden Fruit" and "Ahi-Melon Ceviche"




What is your dirty little secret? Come on folks we all have one or two tucked deep in the vaults of our mind that make us laugh, sometimes cry and at other times cast an evil smile thinking about times past, present and future. 
I have many dirty little juicy, succulent secrets that no one will ever tap into....that is unless I allow it! I think many of us need to know the difference between what is taboo and what is normal. I believe that if we really look into this subject we will find that our perversity's are quite normal and there is nothing to hide. We live in a different world then the ones that our parents lived in and raised us in, our world is where non-conformity is appreciated and expected and held in the highest regard. I was on an online dating site at one time and thought it was quite strange that men were asking for pictures of my feet instead of my breasts but then realized that we are in a world where it is acceptable to ask these things and that nothing is sacred anymore. It was actually quite fun after awhile but then.....................well that's another story. 


My dirty little secret, I have been involved with 2 men in their 20's in the recent past, well at least they were in their late 20's, and even though for many years of being considered taboo and it is quite the norm now, I still felt awkward and it never really worked out due to my own insecurities. But now that I look back I made one huge mistake, judging a relationship based on age difference and thinking it wasn't socially acceptable. The only reason why I walked away was because I was worried about what other people thought. He didn't care and enjoyed the fact that I was more experienced in, well, everything. He worshiped me like the Goddess I am and I was horrible to him in the end and made every excuse instead of telling him the truth. Sorry Steve :-(


The bible tells us that Eve tempted Adam with an apple, a forbidden fruit in the Garden of Eden. When Adam took a bite the small world they knew changed, shut down and everything was revealed. All at once they were cast out unto the land and their innocence was lost. The loss of innocence I have experienced as a chef is on my taste buds. I was a virgin to flavor for many years, overloaded everything I ate with table salt before I tasted it. I never learned to appreciate the flavors for what they were there for, my pleasure. When I open a bottle of my favorite varietal, Pinot Noir I take every bit that bottle has to offer inside my mouth and let my senses do the rest. It is almost like sex for the first time with someone new. You're shy, nervous and really don't know what to expect but in the end you really kind of liked it and want more and more and more. Well folks that's what my taste buds do to me. They throw me into a sheer state of orgasmic pleasure that cums many times a meal. Food is a pleasure equivalent to sex for some like myself and it is hard to stay satisfied with the amazing new generation of chefs we have. Some are traditional, conformists that never think outside the box while others dabble in molecular gastronomy and create scientific culinary delights with some edge. The pleasure I get watching someone devour the food I have created so patiently with love, makes my heart flutter. Whether it be a simple Meatloaf Mashed Potatoes and Gravy or my famous Lobster Tango Mango that has dazzled the finest palates, my fetish is the pleasure I get from the pleasure I create. So tonight peeps here is something to make your mouth orgasm....my Ahi-Melon Ceviche........Enjoy and Tasty Tastings Everyone!




Ahi Tuna and Watermelon Ceviche

Ingredients
Serves 4

1 pound (16 ounces) sushi grade Ahi tuna, diced
2 cups watermelon, 

1 cup diced red onion, chopped
1 teaspoon garlic, minced
1 teaspoon ginger, grated
4 tablespoons soy sauce
2 teaspoon honey
4 tablespoons fresh lime juice


1 jalapeño sliced
1 avocado chopped
1 mango diced





Cilantro

Method

Dice the tuna and watermelon into equally small pieces. In a bowl, whisk together soy sauce, honey, and lime juice. Stir in the chopped red onion, garlic, and ginger. Add the tuna and watermelon and toss to distribute the mixture. Add the avocado and carefully stir, making sure that the pieces stay whole. Garnish with cilantro, place atop blue corn chip add mango and sliced jalapeño.



















No comments:

Post a Comment