Monday, August 1, 2011

'A Guys, Girl and Creme Brulee!"







Being a guys girl isn't easy, a friend stated earlier that as a guy's girl I have to put up with a lot of crap. It all depends on how you look at it I guess. I have many female friends who's friendship's and heart's I treasure. Their strength cannot be measured as they have broad shoulders and big arms on many different girlish frames. These women are goddesss in my opinion but I will always be me, the guy's girl. Ball game watching, fish catching, beer drinking (3-I'm a light weight), Bill Maher quoting, action movie loving me. I can still be a girly girl at times as I love my mani-pedi's, being pampered, heavy petting, passionate kissing, dressing up, flirting and retail therapy but the vast majority of my friends are guy's who appreciate guy's girls and of course respect and worship me for being the goddess in which I am.

Being the consummate guy's girl isn't always easy, there are rules. First you have to learn to tolerate certain male traits that you and others may find annoying even offending. Second, sometimes you have to pretend you like something you really don't like but find out in the long run you really do like it. And third, you may have to watch your heart as one of your guy friends may try to steal it without you even knowing and that means trouble. Once you can decipher which guys you can be a guy's girl with and those that make your heart scream danger you are ready to be the consummate guy's girl.

Rule 1. Men can and will be pigs if given any opportunity. Not all of them of course, but nonetheless some of the ones I am friends with are, and apparently the level of guy/girl trust is there between us that there are no holes barred. Off color humor, sexist jokes, sounds, smells and habits must be tolerated if you are going to be a guy's girl.

Rule 2. Taking interest in things that you normally don't take interest in. Examples: Extreme fighting, killing helpless animals and beer pong. Okay I like beer pong as it is challenging but ask me to shoot, gut and eat a deer after looking into it's sweet brown eyes and I run to the hills. But I have learned through experience that it is okay to not like something as being a guy's girl you have to be open minded and be prepared for everything and anything. Who knows you may like it after all and it becomes part of your lifestyle. Like jumping out of an airplane.

Rule 3: To me this is the most important rule as my heart has been destroyed many times by this type of guy. I have many guy friends that seem to fall in love with this guy's girl. Hey, it hurts all parties involved. This is the type of relationship that starts as any typical guy's girl friendship starts, a night shooting pool, diving in the Keys, a Bucs game, or even just an innocent chat on the phone, and it blossoms into an explosion of pure sexual tension that is one-sided and un-warranted or needed to be my friend. I do not expect anything more then friendship and honesty from my guy friends and some seem to take it to the extreme that can be painful and scary at times. I get asked out by guy friends on dates al least 4 times a week and I usually don't go as it is the intention of the invitation, being a "date" that drives me away. I have had relationships with guy friends and it just doesn't work for me. Well, not all the time anyway, I married a close guy friend and after many years together it fell apart because we were too good of friends for it to work. Nothing was sacred and after all the fun and games we had, in the long run, we weren't who we thought we were after all. It's devastating so I stay away from those type of friendships. It took alot to get over him but we have remained friends after 6 years divorced and life is better that way. The space time continuum will not be interrupted.

Sometimes I have to look at myself in the mirror and ask what do I have to offer and what do I really want in my life when it comes to relationships. I know I can show him things he's never seen before for his mind to untangle on his own and through my eyes. Thoughts of deep contemplation that really stir up emotions and desires that leave our hearts pounding out of our chests can often happen. I just don't know what goes on in my heart and head sometimes and why I feel like I am alone when I'm not. I can't say how I feel here in this public forum as I'm not sure but how to handle these thoughts and emotions. They are a different story and blog for another time. So for right now I may as well make some creme brulee. Enjoy and Tasty Tastings Everyone!!!

Dark Chocolate and Caramelized Banana Creme Brulee"

Ingredients:

  • 2 cups heavy cream
  • 2 cups half and half
  • 8 ounces dark chocolate, chopped fine
  • 8 large egg yolks
  • 1/3 cup sugar plus more for sprinkling
  • 1 large banana, peeled and sliced into 1/4-inch rounds

Preparation:

Preheat oven to 300°F. In a large pot, heat cream and half and half until they just begin to bubble. Reduce heat to low. Add chocolate and whisk until melted and smooth. Remove from heat. Whisk yolks and 1/3 cup sugar in large bowl and blend well. Egg yolks will turn light yellow. Gradually whisk in hot chocolate mixture. Strain (optional). Divide custard among eight 6-ounce ramekins or custard cups. Place cups in large baking pan. Add enough hot water to pan to come halfway up sides of cups. Bake until custards are just set (about 45 minutes). Custard will be mostly solid but still jiggle a bit in the center. Remove from water and refrigerate overnight.
When ready to serve, preheat broiler. Place banana slices on top of crème brûlées in a single layer. Sprinkle the top of each dish with 1 tablespoon sugar. Broil until sugar turns golden (about 3 minutes). Watch very closely while broiling to avoid burning the sugar. Alternatively, you can brown the sugar with a handheld propane or butane torch.

For a spicy edition add 1/4 teaspoon of chipotle powder in the creme brulee mix before you cook.


No comments:

Post a Comment