Monday, July 4, 2011

INSPIRATION!!!!!! Funk Bone and The Mango!!!

thanks
We take inspiration from many things  People inspire us by their acts of courage and belief.  A painting, that can draw you in with such depth and perception that we weep when we stare amazingly at every brush stroke and know it will eventually change our life in a minuscule way. Well I was inspired this evening, not just by the people I was with but by the mind blowing musicians I had the pleasure to be invited to see. I don't think I have had as much fun since the Boyd H Anderson after football parties at Holiday Park with my guitar player boyfriend, whats-his-name. For five hours I was having multiple musical orgasms that left me screaming for MORE!!!!!!  Cake, Floyd, Presidents, Doors and Hendrix, to name a few, wailed through the night on the Matlacha pass waterfront. "Party at The Pass"!!!!!! The midnite sky was filed with fireworks illuminating the faces below and certain smells were in the air that made you smile and there were many illegal smiles in the small crowd ; ). It was a night to remember in my life as cool and fucking outrageous and wish I could escape to that place every night. People were throwing money at the band to keep them on the stage at 1am.....they stayed and played another set. JOY!!!!!!!

I was wowed by the band Funk Bone tonight (myspace it peeps)! Amazed, left in awe and most of all inspired. T-Bone, Mike and Tim rocked "The Pass" at tonight's annual event. They did play my favorite rock hits, but their originals blew me away. For five hours I rocked with a new friend who's company I thoroughly enjoyed. It was nice being out on a date but not, as I was out with a "friend" who invited me to the best jam session I have attended in what seems like eons. It isn't often that I am totally and completely blown away. I left this private party at 2am and could not wait to try the new gastro orgasmic recipe I was inspired to create. One of their songs "Mango Groove" inspired me to create the sweet and spicy "Mango Groove Chipotle Mango I- Scream" to really shake things up. The sultry mango taste and the fiery chipotle finish paired well with the acclaimed Pacific Rim Reisling that's in my glass.


Funk Bone's rendition of my all time favorite Possum Kingdom totally brought back Texas in my heart. I imagined I was floating down the Guadalupe River in my big black toob (with a bottom of course) that was hot as hell on the arms and shoulders due to the scorching sun. But it didn't matter, we had the baddest stereo on the river and Possum Kingdom was blasting out of it. I'm not much into beer so I had to create something refreshing, inebriating and floatable, "Mucho Mango Sangria" It was an instant hit and we made it and inhaled it by the gallons. The most thirst quenching libation I do believe I have ever had the pleasure of floating with and on.

The mango with it's sweet, juicy ripeness is reminiscent to a passionate kiss on the palate. I use mango in many of my Floribbean dishes to really send flavor points soaring. But the sensuality factor of the fruit is in my "All Time Top 10". The possibilities are endless when it comes to this amazing fruit and it's erotic design. Try caramelizing it with sweet onion and topping a bowl of saffron rice. Highly delicious!

Thanks to Funk Bone and my friend Shaggy I busted the kitchen mind block down and really feel inspired to create again and not just one but two amazing, intoxicating summer sensations......Enjoy and tasty tastings everyone. Happy Fourth of July!!



"Mango Groove Mango Chipotle I- Scream"

serves 8 time 40 min

1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
2 cups Fresh or Frozen Mango Pulp
1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
1 1/2 tbsps Chipotle Powder

Chill large glass mixing bowl for 15 minutes
Add cream and whip till fluffy with electric mixer
Add sugar in batches as mixture gets nicely fluffy
Gently fold in mango pulp and Chipotle Powder
Place mixture in Ice Cream Churn and follow manufaturers instructions for use.
Placed finished mixture in bowls and garnish with shaved dark chocolate.  ENJOY!!!!


"Mucho Mango Sangria"

2 cans frozen Orange Juice
2 cans frozen LimeAid
2 cups fresh or frozen mango puree
1 bottle Cabernet
1 2ltr Squirt Soft Drink

Mix all ingredients together over ice in a large bowl and enjoy. Add fresh oranges and cherries for a desired finish. This can also be frozen in batches for a slushie effect.

Night peeps, I am drifting off to dreamland with inspired dreams tonight!!!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment