Wednesday, July 6, 2011

"On To The Next One" Port Wine, Adam Levine and Oysters

 I am sitting here at my computer, drinking a glass of a lush, oaky, tawny port which is heavenly on my palate. I have had many inspirations to write tonight and they are all good. In the dating world I try to be optimistic as I know one day find my passionate equal. But it's rough out there peeps. I have been on a few dates this past week and all have brought inspiration to me. All good for the most part but I have to ask "is he really out there"? "Which one is going to sweep me off my feet and be the love of my lifetime"? "Did I already let him go"? I have to gain inspiration from those in my life before I am on to the next one. That's not a bad thing by no means, but it makes me wonder how long is this going to take? I want a man that will enjoy the things that I do, that will also have his own interests to introduce me to, and that will be my passionate equal and make me never want any man the way I want him. I want this one to be forever. I have to keep searching and learning about those in my life and about myself on this endless journey to find my true love. It's almost like a fairytale of sorts, which frog and how many do I have to kiss to find my betrothed. I sing "Some Day My Prince Will Come" and my daughter thinks I am a silly fool. So this silly fool is pulling some inspiration from her regular guy that has yet to let her down...Adam Levine. His words turn me into a pool of liquid heat and his voice pushes me over the edge of fantasy. I had the sincere pleasure of meeting him in San Antonio and that is when our make believe love affair started. "I know I don't know you, but I want you so bad" echoes in my mind in more ways than one. Tonight I will share an excerpt from Chapter 10 "On To The Next One' ENJOY!



Food is like sex.......you can't help but love it, need it and want it. But there are prices to pay for such indulgences and we all know what those are. So in my humble opinion food and sex are WINNING!!!!


Most of us look at food and sex as a part of life in order to flourish. I like to look at food and sex as a way to maintain a healthy, passionate lifestyle and keep things fresh. There are some many foods with aphrodisiac qualities and we are going to address some of them in this evening's post.

The Aztecs referred to chocolate as "nourishment of the Gods". This is probably why wine and chocolate are my favorite on the flavor combination list. Chocolate contains chemicals thought to effect neurotransmitters in the brain and a related substance to caffeine called theobromine. The secret for passion is to combine the two foods and enjoy a gastro-sensual experience. I always ask couples what they like to eat as a prelude to sex and it is usally the same answer, wine and chocolate. I have found an even better combination to spice things up and that's chili pepper/chocolate and a nice lush cabernet. Try it and I am sure you will see that this is a great precursor to a passionate evening. As for the wine, well in my blog WineErotica I described exactly what to do to enhance the quality of your wine tasting experience with someone you are intimate with. Follow my lead and give it a try, you will not be disappointed.

Oysters are one of the best aphrodesiac foods to share with someone. The juiciness of the oyster and mouth feel isn't for everyone but I thoroughly enjoy them. Some oysters repeatedly change their sex from male to female and back, giving rise to claims that the oyster lets one experience the the masculine and feminine sides of love. Is this the reason behind the aphrodisiac qualities of this shellfish. Casanova purportedly ate 50 each day. They're incredibly rich in zinc, a nutrient key to testosterone production. They're downright sexy looking. Eating them is a thoroughly tactile experience; lifting shell to lips, feeling the oyster's firm slip, its hint of crispness, a wash of flavors from saline, mineral, sweet, fruity, and buttery, to the elusive umami. Ultimately, each individual oyster is as mysterious as a new lover, and we learn its textural landscape and flavor only as we savor it.

This is my favorite oyster recipe by far. I created this one in Key West and worked on perfecting it for years. The gelatin is key in this one......Enjoy...Tasty Tastings everyone!

"Oysters To Love By"

Time 40 minutes

serves 4
  • 24 farm-raised oysters
  • 2 cups prepared miso soup
  • 1 package powdered gelatin
  • 1 cup crème fraîche (sour cream can be substituted)
  • 2 tablespoons wasabi paste

Method:

Scrub each oyster under cold water with a brush.* Place the oysters on a hot grill for 5-10 minutes or until you see steam or bubbles coming from the oysters. (This step can also be done in a 500-degree oven.)
Remove oysters from the grill and allow to cool in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
Pour the miso soup through a strainer.
Sprinkle the gelatin over 1/4 cup of the cold miso soup and allow to set for 5-10 minutes.
Bring the remaining miso soup to a slow simmer and add the gelatin mixture, stirring to dissolve. Pour into a shallow bowl and chill in the refrigerator until set (about 30 minutes).
Whip the crème fraÎche until it's thick like whipped cream, then add the wasabi to taste, stirring to combine.
Open the chilled oysters with an oyster shucker or a blunt table knife by prying them at the hinge. Discard the top shell.
Roughly chop the miso gel with the tines of a fork to forms "crystals" (or chop into small pieces) and divide among the oysters. Top with a small amount of the wasabi crème fraîche and serve immediately.
* For safety reasons, discard any raw oysters that are open.


No comments:

Post a Comment