Monday, July 11, 2011

"Sacrificial Lamb Stew" & "Why Bother" & "Let It Go"





Seriously I wonder what makes people do the heinous things they do to others. It is that they are insecure or afraid of possibilities or is it that they are just plain mean and could care less about the feelings of others. I guess we will never know what goes through the minds of some people but yet we try and try to understand and fix what is broken. I have decided to live by the credo of "why bother" and "let it go" so now on I can move on and share the fun stuff again today.

Today's blog is much different than yesterday's darkness. I was in a fog over something that was done to me for whatever reason it was done but "why bother" I have "let it go" so I had to turn to my dark side yesterday or as Jeff Lindsey calls it my "dark passenger" in order to build the walls around my heart again. Some people were offended by what I said and I was judged unfairly, so to them I say "why bother" and "let it go".

We do and say a lot of things for passion and true love...do we mean them? Do we tell someone how much the mean to us and then it not be true? Do we ask the right questions of others just to build them up to let them down? Do we apologize half-assed for something we did or didn't do and make up lame excuses to make the other feel bad and turn the tables on them? I say NO WAY! To me life is full of cop outs and endless excuses and I say "why bother" and "let it go".  What others play around with and treat as junk to some is a treasure.....well I am a treasure. A treasure to behold to be praised and worshiped as an ancient Greek goddess. Sure sometimes the heart can be used as a sacrificial lamb but those that do that are worthless themselves and deserve to be alone and suffer from endless hurt. But I am my own realm of pleasure, passion and seductive lust that when the right man comes along I will fill his heart with love and unbridled passion like he has have never known before. He will be worshiped by me and inspired to be a better man on a daily basis as will I be inspired by his love. We will live life with the utmost joy and love and at times feel like the only two people on earth regardless if we are at a Widespread Panic concert or on a deserted beach in the Keys the connection will be there. We will awake each day to a shared desire and passion for each other and never, ever care to have another partner in life but the one laying in our arms as we wake after a night of lust. Ahhh the glory and splendor of true love...it's what keeps our heart beating strong and the juices of creativity flowing. Sure I have my three main fantasy guys Adam Levine for his poetic writing, Jim Morrison for his bad boy image and mad skills in the bedroom and Dexter Morgan for is dark passenger, but where fantasy ends reality must begin and I know that somewhere down the line those three men will collide in a realistic fury and implode the walls and make my heart whole again. Until then I will keep saying 'why bother" and "let it go", until the right man comes along I will continue on my quest to please and be pleased, to satisfy the burning desires that some have tried to extinguish or judge me on. I am me! I am the woman of your fantasies and dreams. I am the woman that will love you endlessly and whole hearted. I am a goddess, a follower of Dionysus and I dance to the beat of my own heart. My heart is not someones sacrificial lamb to be left at the alter for a dark force to engulf in it's cold, steel digestive tract. I am the epitome of Aphrodite...at least for someone if not myself. What would posses someone to deny their heart to me is unknown but it is their loss in the end. So once again I say "why bother and "let it go", live with your heart and mind as a free spirit and know that some may try to break that spirit but never let it happen. Never let someone tell you the right things only to become the reality of hurt. Pick and choose from a sea of many as you will find you'll land the catch of the day if you just keep casting your line in the deep ocean.



So on today's menu I have decided to share with you my "Sacrificial Lamb Stew" in honor of this past weekends events....enjoy and Tasty Tasting everyone!

Give a listen to this while your cooking!

"Sacrificial Lamb Stew"

Serves 4

Ingredients:

  • 1 1/2 pounds boneless, lean lamb stew meat, cut in 1 in. cubes
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 tsp. pepper
  • 1/4 cup all purpose flour
  • 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
  • 1 lg. (1 cup) onion, sliced thin
  • 2 cups water
  • 1 cup baby carrots
  • 2 cups diced potatoes
  • 2 cups diced rutabaga or turnips
  • 1 cup frozen peas, thawed

Preparation:

Sprinkle lamb with 1/2 teaspoon salt and the pepper. Coat with flour. Heat oil in a 2 to 3 quart Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Brown lamb a few pieces at a time in the hot oil. Remove to Crock Pot with slotted spoon. Reduce heat to medium. Add onion and cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally until lightly browned. Stir in the water, scraping up browned bits on bottom of pot. Transfer onion mixture to the Crock Pot; add carrots potato and rutabaga. Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours, adding peas during the last 30 to 45 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment