Tuesday, July 19, 2011

"What Just Happened?" "Filet Oscar for 2"




Hi Friends......it has been a whirlwind few days for me, I honestly don't know what is going on. I am happy, really, it has been so long since I knew what that felt like that I have to ask myself constantly if this is real.....and it is. My close friends know I have met someone, someone that I have shared more of my inner self with then I share with you here on this wall. Someone that I can see myself spending a lot more of my time with. Did I just type that?  Wow I guess I did.

Now the goddess gets her turn.

Love, Sex and Food are all passions of mine. We all sit and watch cooking shows and wonder how did they do that or can I really do that at home.......well the answer is yes, you can.....if you have the passion. I look at food, sex and love as one entity, a whole being. When I am in the kitchen at home I don't rush things I like to take them nice and slow for an intimate dining experience. Sometimes life throws you a curve and going slow just isn't in the equation, with food and matters of the heart it happens quite often. Watching your hollandaise with love and care to make sure it never reaches a boil is one of those instances. Making sure you softly stir the blend of ingredients with love and care to nurture the sauce is important in building this classic. From this kitchen goddesses standpoint food and love are the same thing. I once said the man for me would be the one that helps me prep in between passionate embrace, turns up the music and dances with me while waiting on water to boil and playfully does the dishes with me when it's time to clean up. Hmmmmmm and what happens after that well you'll just have to use your imagination. Just like when you are trying to replicate that dish you watched being made on Food Network...you sometimes have to use your imagination to put your signature on it and then it is perfect and your own. Just like in relationships, it doesn't matter how fast or slow things start what matters is the quality of the time spent together. What matters is when you look into each others eyes you can look into anothers heart and soul. What matters is when you hold someone that yes, you feel like the only two people on earth and yet the world goes on around you for minutes and you don't give notice. What matters is when you kiss that every bit of passion and lust you have is contained in that kiss and no one else matters at that point and time. What matters is that every ingredient is right and blends well and when it's all said and done you have a masterpiece...in love and in the kitchen.

Today's recipe is a classic dish that I just love to share......Enjoy and Tasty Tastings Everyone!!!!


I made this one easy for you by using packaged Bernaise which is something I usually make from scratch in the kitchen and in the shop.


Chef Sheri's Filet Oscar for 2


2 filet mignon, 1 1/2-inch thick
1 cup butter
1/2 lb fresh crabmeat
1 (6 ounce) package Knorr Bearnaise sauce mix
1 cup whole milk
asparagus



Salt and pepper raw steaks before grilling.

Broil 10 - 12 minutes on one side, then 8 - 9 minutes on other side (medium). Simmer 1/2 stick butter with crabmeat on low heat until warm.

Prepare Knorr's Bernaise sauce, with one whole stick of butter and using whole milk only, by following the directions on package.

Cook asparagus and some water into microwave for 2 - 2 1/2 minutes.

To serve: Place crabmeat over steak, asparagus over crabmeat, and cover with Bernaise sauce.



Share with someone you love!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment