Thursday, July 14, 2011

"Music In My Heart & In My Kitchen!"

Today's blog was hard to come up with. Talking to my sister this morning helped and she suggested I write about memories of the past loves I have had. Well Cindia it did help and that memory is music and my love and passion for it.


Music is a stirrer of souls and emotions that we bury deep within. It can inspire us through lyric or the melodic twang of a slide guitar or the lustful beat of a drum. Yes I have a passion for men of music that can be compared to a 5 course meal. This should be fun as I often accept challenges from clients, being know as the rocker chick Chef,  to pair my courses to music. So in this fun little blog I will show you what I have come up with today.

First Course: would be something along the lines of an Amuse Bouche ( a savory chef's choice bite-sized appetizer). I would pair Jimi Hendrix's "Red House" with my "Spicy Ahi Mango Salad" and serve it amuse bouche style on a large, guitar shaped spoon. Jimi's slow, meticulous fingering of his guitar just unnerves me to a height of virtual orgasm. The style and finesse he plays with make me feel like a ripe mango being peeled for his pleasure then diced up into little pieces to be used on top of a spicy dish to defer the heat and add a bit of sweetness. The heat in this dish comes from the creamy wasabi and ginger dressing I mix with the red passion of Ahi Tuna for tantalizing my taste buds. Pure food orgasm in my mouth and paired with the spicy "Red House" I just can't stop thinking how Jimi would have liked it. Would he have bowed down to me like the Goddess I am and worshipped me like many worship him? I guess I will never know but it makes for some great fantasy.

Second Course: I have picked a soup. My Thai Coconut Soup paired with the late, great and always sexy Freddie Mercury and Queens "Dragon Attack". The high energy that Freddie gave in his performances is the perfect pairing to this flaming on the palate soup. aromatic ginger, Kaffir lime leaves, lemon grass, serrano peppers, coconut milk and coriander give this soup the right flavor and make me feel super sexed up. The heart pounding music of Queen and the dramatic flair of Freddie give me chills up and down my spine. He knew how to energize a crowd into a tumultuous frenzy. Makes me want to move my hips the way my taste buds are dancing to this rock hit paired with this aromatic soup. I never want either to end as they both rock my world in such a fashion that the sexual energy comes charging out of my body. WOW!!!! I may need a cold shower after this one.

Third Course: Hmmmm I have given this one some careful thought and think I may slow it down a bit for a unami appetizer of my "Anything For Love Oysters" paired with Paul Cole's "Feeling Love". Oysters, yum and what an aphrodisiac they are. The mere sight of them turns me on. The saltiness of the shellfish is such a mouthwatering delight they make me feel like the amazon is running between my thighs. When you share oysters with someone you love it can be sensual and turn an ordinary evening into a night of pleasure and passion. Paula's voice is as sensual as oysters. She can turn any mere man into mush as long as the right Goddess is playing this song for him. I am just the Goddess to do that....lol.

Fourth Course: This one is an important one as it is the main course that should only have a true rock superhero to be paired with and I have chosen Eric Clapton and his song 'Running On Faith" paired with my classic dish "Asparagus Steak Oscar" Nice and slow and easy as you taste every flavor in this dish inspired by Eric's amazing guitar skills and lyric genius. Yes I love Eric Clapton and he is an artist I would throw down in the kitchen with in more ways than one. ; )! I think this song has been a major part of my life and relationships in my life or the lack thereof. This song inspires me to have faith and our world will be right, love will come over me one day when I least expect it. The pairing of this song to the dish is an incredible combination as I pair the finest cut of meat with the finest musician to ever grace this world with his presence and skills IMHO. The falic shape of asparagus screams out his manhood, the crab meat topping is as succulent as his music is.. and the Bearnaise well use your imagination on that one however you would like but I seem to compare it with his silky style that leaves me in awe every time I go to one of his shows. My dream is to cook for him one day then make him mine...yes, we can all dream. I think I am blushing.

The Fifth and Final Course: It's dessert time and I am having a hard time with this. So many sweet, inspirational songs to make my mouth water and my thighs quiver but I have carefully selected 2 songs..........my main man Adam Levine and Maroon 5's "The Sweetest Goodbye" and "Secret". Oh yes, him again and if you know me you know I am a pool of liquid heat when I listen to Maroon 5. So I have chosen to pair Adam with my Chocolate Chipotle Pepper Mousse. I picked two songs because we never want dessert to end and what a way to top off an evening then ending it with Adam. The two main ingredients in this dish sometimes confuse my palate but always leave me wanting another bite. The aphrodisiac properties of chocolate combined with the heat of chipotle pepper is the sweet and spicy ending we all fantasize about in relationships. The heat of passion that two lovers feel while in each others arms for the first time or hundredth time is what I compare this dessert to. The mouth feel of this dish is much like a long kiss in the candlelight, soft, passionate and hot. I have kissed many frogs while listening to Adam and one day I will have that feeling of total isolation with my man and I will say he makes me a pool of liquid heat and he makes me feel like the goddess I am. Only one has done that to me yet in my 40 something years and it was only once, the first time we were together. I often wonder if I will ever feel that way again with someone but on a regular basis. Will I ever feel the steamy passion of one man that will make my life a spicy, sweet ending just like dessert? I sure as hell hope so.

So on that note I will leave you with a recipe from the final chapter of my book....Tasty Tastings Everyone!

Chocolate Mousse with Chipotle Chile

Serves 2-3
3.5 oz good quality, dark chocolate bar, chopped or broken in small pieces
1 tablespoon butter
¼ cup water, divided
1 tablespoon sugar
2 large egg yolks
1/8 teaspoon ground chipotle
Very tiny pinch of salt
½ cup plus 1 tablespoon very cold whipping cream
Extra cream and chocolate shavings to garnish
1. Using a double boiler, or a mixing bowl set above a pan of simmering water, blend the chocolate, butter and 2 tablespoons water, stirring until the chocolate melts and the mixture turns voluptuously velvety. Remove from heat.
2. In a second bowl, over the same pot of simmering water, whisk the sugar, egg yolks and 2 tablespoons water until the mixture is foamy and hot to the touch, about 160 degrees. Don't let the eggs scramble.
3. Pour the egg mixture into the chocolate and whisk until smooth. Let the mixture cool down to room temperature or slightly cooler. Add the secret ingredient -- the chipotle chile powder -- and the salt.
4. Whip the cream to soft peaks. Fold half into the chocolate, blending well. Fold the other half into the chocolate, mixing to combine. Some streaks are fine. Pour into ramekins, cover with plastic wrap and chill for several hours or overnight. When ready to serve, top each serving with a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkling of chocolate shavings.

1 comment:

  1. Sis , I absolutely loved this blog. And honestly by the time I was reading about the fourth course, I realized my toes were curling. OMG! And, Eric, if you ever do cook for him, at least let me help. Hell, ill do dishes. HA! That's too funny. But its also too true. You know my love for him and his music, and is he ever sexy. whoo! Unfortunately, I never have been much into your style of cooking, I cook more like Mama, southern to the bone!And when I read your 5th course, my favorite, dessert, you nailed it big time. I think every woman has one man that she will never forget the hot , wild, sweaty, all night , just crazy sex with. I know i did. And at your house! And you know who Im talking about too. LOL! Just thinking about it , is like that hot creamy, and omg chocolate dessert (but of course)you wrote about. Im hooked!I do wish you would have added my other favorite Van Morrison. He always puts me in the mood. Not too much for food though. All my Love as always, Big Sis, Cindia P.S. I'm glad our lil chat helped today

    ReplyDelete